Swim Team Coaches
Jason Blanken (Email - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Head coach Jason Blanken brings 27 years of swimming/coaching experience to River Falls. Growing up in Silver Spring, MD, Jason swam for the Calverton Chargers from ages 5-18. He graduated from Paint Branch High School in 2003 where he was the captain of the swim team for two years. He went on to swim for the University of Maryland where he graduated in 2007 with a B.S. in Family Sciences and received his M.A. in Special Education from George Washington University in 2013. He is in his 11th year as a swim coach for RMSC, working with the Advanced Seniors Group at the Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center. He has also been the head varsity swim and dive coach at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School for the past 10 years. He is also head coach of the Winston Churchill JV Girls Lacrosse team and will be looking at several River Falls swimmers for some pointers! In the off-season Jason is a special education/math teacher at Northwest High School in Germantown, MD. Jason can't wait to get back to work towards another successful season. Go Dolphins!
Wyatt Talcott (Email - email@example.com / Cell - 301-461-5574)
- Wyatt has been swimming competitively since the age of five and has spent the last twelve years on the River Falls swim team. Wyatt recently graduated from Walt Whitman and will be attending the University of Maryland in the fall majoring in business. During his time at River Falls, Wyatt has been awarded team high point four years in a row. He has received expert instruction from some great coaches in the past twelve years from several different teams, including SDS, ASA, RMSC, Whitman Swim and Dive, and of course, River Falls. While at SDS, Wyatt was able to gain valuable experience through assistant coaching and stroke instruction for the younger swimmers. He was also fortunate enough to have been instructed by former River Falls teammate and Olympic trials breaststroker Ryan Hurley. Currently still swimming for the River Falls seniors, Wyatt looks forward to another great season of seriously fun competition!
Joelle Rosen (Cell - 301-356-2101)
- Joelle has been swimming competitively year-round since the age of nine and has been a part of River Falls swim team for eight years. She graduated from Walt Whitman High School in 2017 and is now swimming for Middlebury College. Joelle is planning on double majoring in Education and Psychology and hopes to someday go on to teach. She has given swim lessons for the past two summers and worked as an assistant coach for her club team, All Star Aquatics. She also interned in a Kindergarten classroom her senior year where she had the pleasure of seeing many of the young River Falls swimmers in a classroom setting. Joelle is very excited to be a part of the coaching staff and looks forward to ensuring that each swimmer gets something as unique and meaningful out of their River Falls experience as she did.
Megan Spurney (Cell - 240-205-0568)
- Megan is a rising sophomore at Cornell University, studying psychology. She went to high school in Montgomery County at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High school. She started swimming when she was 10 years old, and has been swimming year round ever since. She swam for All Star Aquatics for 6 years, along with one of the other coaches, Joelle Rosen. She swam for BCC with Jason as my coach for all four years of high school, and is very excited to work with him again. She also has tons of experience in MCSL, swimming for the CCRA swim team in Chevy Chase, Maryland for 8 years, and loving every bit of it. She is so excited to meet everyone and have a super awesome summer. GORF!
Ben Caudron (Cell – 240-620-2742)
- Ben has been swimming with River Falls since he was five years old. He started swimming competitively year around when he was twelve for the teams NCAP and ASA. He swam for Walt Whitman High School and graduated in 2018. He currently attends the University of Notre Dame to study architecture. Ben looks forward to experiencing this team through a new lens as a coach. He grew up with this team and can’t wait to see where it goes while he is on the coaching staff. He’s excited to get to work with everyone and ensure everyone has a great summer.
Simple formatted text